Saturday, March 14, 2009

That's a good idea!


Not too long ago we went to Budapest to say goodbye to our friend Dave Frauenhofer, and to meet Brother and Sister Pranger who were taking his place there in Budapest. We quickly hit it off and we praise God that they are there preaching the Gospel in Budapest!



Brother Pranger was a missionary in Russia for many years and felt the Lord was moving him to Budapest. I immediately perceived that he had much experience and wisdom that would help me. He shared with me some Scriptures that the Lord gave him, which helped him learn Russian. One of these Scriptures was Deuteronomy 17:18 which says: And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites. Brother Pranger told me that from this verse he learned the importance of copying the Word of God out by hand. He began to do this in English but also in Russian. One side of the page would be English and the other side Russian. He told me that this not only helped him in his walk with God, but also in learning Russian.

I'd never heard of someone taking the time to copy the entire Bible out by hand! What a good idea! As we came home from the Prangers I stopped on the way and bought a lot of notebooks. I've been coping the Scriptures now for about two weeks, and I can say honestly that it is one of the best things I've ever done. On one side of the page I've got text from my King James Bible and on the other side I've got the same text from our Croatian Bible. This has helped me so much in my walk with God but also in learning Croatian better. I've now copied the first 5 chapters of John. I may not be that fast with it but I'm enjoying all the extra time with God and His Word! Thanks Brother Pranger for such a good idea!

3 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

That really is a great idea. It was wonderful to meet the Prangers.

sam3673 said...

Wow! That is a great idea. Count me in. I'm starting today.

Tobitha said...

That is very interesting:)

What a blessing for your new friends!