Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Am I mad?

I was saved from a life of sin and heartache. When Jesus found me He didn't find much, that's for sure. I can honestly say with Paul that I am what I am by the grace of God! After I got saved I had the privilege of going to an independent Baptist Church. There I was taught the Bible and learned that we are to take up our cross and follow him; I learned that this world was not our home, that we are just passing through; I learned that one day soon the Lord was coming back for His children, and that we are to be living for that day! I am so glad I learned these things from the start. I had the privilege of learning from great men of God, who preached hot and heavy against sin! My heart was so stirred that my life began to change! The more I read the Bible the more I wanted to follow it, and to do what it says. Many men of God and older Christians were there to direct me into a more perfect walk with God. I developed many convictions from the beginning.

I am sadned to see so many of the men of God and Christians that I looked up to: Change! The ones that taught me the standards that I hold too no longer hold to the same standards! What's happening with America? What's happening to Bible Christianity in America? What's happened to the old fashion Preaching, and the old fashion practising what you preach?

Am I mad (crazy) or is everyone else going mad? Dear Christians we need to wake up! Souls are dying, and going to hell! Christ is on His way! Are we ready to stand in front of our Savior? What will you be doing when He returns?

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Amen Bro. Johnny! My husband and I often have discussions about this same topic. People seem to be changing from what they once were. And I'm not talking about getting saved and that changed life! I'm talking about backing up from what they taught us, from separation, from Bible doctrine, from conservative standards. We have asked too, are we crazy? Why won't people do right?

Tori Leslie said...

No, you're not mad, the world is going mad, or madder than it already was. Sadly now many Christians are falling into the same trap the world is in. How sad!

sam3673 said...

That'll preach right there, brother! Amen. Thank YOU for the example you are and the stand that you take. It is an encouragement and blessing to me.

Oh God! Save Croatia!