God bless, and I hope you have a great Lord's Day!
He shall direct thy paths
Proverbs 3, 5-6; Numbers 9, 15-19; 10, 11-13
1. The day we got saved we started a journey with the Lord!
2. God wants to lead us to a better life.
3. He wants to lead us to a place of blessings.
4. He wants to lead us to a place of joy!
5. We sing the song he leadeth me, why? Because God wants to lead
you and I !
6. He does not want to be far off from His children, He wants
to be among us!
7. He wants to walk with us.
8. He wants to talk with us.
9. God wants to be a part of your life!
10. As God's children, we need His presence in our lives!
11. We need God, and we need His leadership.
12. In the book of Numbers, we read about a pillar of fire
by night and a cloud by day.
13. They represent God's presence with Israel.
14. God wanted to be close to Israel.
15. He saved them, and He wanted to lead them to a life of blessing.
16. All they had to do is follow Him.
17. When the cloud moved they were to move.
18. When it stayed they were to stay!
19. God was actively leading them to the promise land.
20. He wants to direct our path.
21. Today for our message I want to talk to you about: how to get the
Lord to direct your paths.
I. If you want Him to direct your path then you must follow Him!
Nu 9, 17; John 10,27
A. We must follow God!
- He's not going to follow us.
- If we want His leadership in our lives, then we must follow Him!
- God wants to lead, not follow.
- Too many people have tried to lead God, instead of following Him.
- Then they wander why God's presence is not in their lives?
- It's because they are not following God, but rather they are trying to lead God!
B. To follow God means to go wherever he says to go or to do whatever He says to do.
- Many will follow God when it's convenient.
- Many follow God when He leads them to where they want to go.
- We are to follow God wherever He says to go.
II. If you want Him to direct your path then you must trust Him!
Proverbs 3, 5-6
A. We need to trust Him even when we don't understand His plan for our lives.
- Israel didn't know that they would have to battle for the promise land.
- God did not tell them all of His plan when He brought them out of Egypt.
- They didn't know about the giants they would have to fight.
- God wanted them to grow first, then the giants would be revealed.
- God is not always going to tell you and I His complete plan, we must learn to trust Him.
- Not trust our feelings, nor our own understanding.
- We must trust God!
B. God will not lead us to a place that will destroy us! I Cor 10, 13
- God wants to lead us to His blessings.
- The way to get there is not always easy.
- This is why we must trust Him, He will lead us if we trust Him.
- God actively wants to lead us to the life of blessings!
- We must trust Him enough to follow Him!
III. If you want Him to direct your path you must stay with Him!
Nu 11, 1-9
A. Don't turn back to Egypt.
- Israel was tired of the heavenly food, and they began to lust for the food of Egypt.
- They begin to complain.
- Their hearts were turning back to the world.
- They no longer wanted to follow God's way, but rather their own way.
- It is dangerous when we turn back to the world. (Remember Lot)
B. We must learn to stay with God! Isiah 40,31
- Don't quit!
- Wait for God!
- His ways are better than the ways of this world.
- He's got something good for us, we simply need to wait for Him
- He will direct our paths, we simply need to wait for God!
- Don't turn back!
1. We need to follow God's presence.
2. We must not get behind His presence, nor should we get in front of His presence.
3. The Lord wants to direct our paths.
4. If we want Him to direct our paths then we must:
- Follow Him!
- Trust Him!
- Stay with him!
5. Dear Christian trust in the Lord with all of thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and He shall direct thy paths!