Sunday, May 10, 2009

Milan's pig!

Saturday I spent the morning with the Gypsy family that comes to our church. They invited me over, because they were going to slaughter a pig. Brother Milan works hard for his money, and he provides for his family. They are very faithful to our church, and we praise God for them. Because meat is so expensive in Croatia, he buys his meat from a local farmer and he and his family butcher it at home. This was a new experience for me. I've been here for over 9 years now, and this is the first time I got to see how they butcher a pig. I can't say I enjoyed it, but I did enjoy spending time with brother Milan and his family.

Below you will find the video of this event. PLEASE DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH. PARENTAL GUIDANCE IS SUGGESTED DUE TO THE BRUTALITY CAUSED TO THE PIG!

I'm not crazy, just wanted you to see what it's like to live in the field.






This family has always displayed a spirit of giving. They sent me home with a bag of meat. If I can keep my wife from watching the video then maybe she'll cook it for me!

5 comments:

James said...

I'm calling PETA!

James said...

I think I saw that pig sneeze. I hope it didn't have the swine flu!

Johnny said...

Brother James,
Tell PITA they have to get there own pig, Bro. Milan's said they can't have any.

I was going to title this post, My encounter with the swine flu.

Tobitha said...

Ok... I really shouldn't have watched that.. I started watching it yesterday with my 8 year old son near by and he started crying so I waited until he wasn't around. Now I want to cry...LOL!

Tammy said...

I'm a country girl but don't think I want to watch this one. I'm all for hunting (legally) but I'm afraid that video might not be humane so I think I'll pass. If people knew what the slaughter houses were like where their hamburger in the stores came from, they would become vegitarian!