Sunday, April 27, 2014

Victory will come!

II Chronicles 20:12 O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee.




God spoke to me this morning through this passage of scripture. Many times life becomes overwhelming. Sometimes life is filled with battles and enemies that we can't seem to defeat. Quite simply, sometimes we just don't know what to do. In this text king Jehoshaphat was facing an enemy that was too strong for him. Certain defeat was in his near future. When he looked at the powers that were rising up against him, he trembled and feared. But then something happened, Jehoshaphat took his eyes off of his enemies and lifted them up to heaven. I love what he says to God, "O our God . . . We have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do!"

He could not possibly win the battle that he faced. He acknowledged that he couldn't do it in his own strength. Then he declares to God, "but our eyes are upon thee!" God we can't possibly win this battle, but God we are going to look up to thee for victory! Lord I believe, help thou mine unbelief!

O if we as God' people would learn to look up and set our eyes on He that sees all! O if this missionary could learn to look up and set my eyes on the One who has never lost a battle. O if our pastors would set their eyes on He who is  omniscient, Victory would come. O if the one who is struggling with sin and thinks they could never get victory, would look up to the One who already knows all about it, then victory would come. If the Bible college student who is struggling financially, spiritually and is feeling overwhelmed would look up and declare, "O Lord I know not what to do, but I'm setting my eyes upon thee!", Brother, victory would come! If the Church planter who is feeling all alone and struggling to take care of his family would cry out, "O Lord I know not what to do, the enemy is too strong for me, but O my God I'm setting my eyes on thee!", Glory to God, victory would come! Maybe there's a young lady out there and your waiting for Mr. Right to come along, and all that's been brought into your life so far is Mr. Wrong. Now you are confused, and maybe tempted to settle for something less. May I say to you, make a declaration to God and let Him know how you feel how strong the enemies are in your life, then say, "but my eyes are upon thee!" Victory will come!

In our text it did come, God showed up and the enemy was defeated. God's people were encouraged! 

My dear friend what ever enemy your facing in life that is just simply too much for you to handle, You're not alone. God's people throughout history faced the same enemies. Every time they took their eyes off of their enemies and placed them on God, victory came! 

May we all remember to set our eyes on He who has never lost a battle! Victory will come!


No comments: